Friday, March 19, 2010

"Some Of The Best Things That Happen In Life Are Purely Accidental...


An intuition or spontaneous decision can take you almost anywhere, including to a profoundly close friendship that develops when you least expect it.

That’s what happened to me. One day, with a brand-new puppy in my arms, I impulsively knocked on my next-door neighbor’s door, anxious for advice about how to train her. Whether it was serendipity, luck, chemistry, or sheer proximity--that brief encounter, and the events that followed it, would change my life (and my dog’s) forever."


Having written books, magazine and newspaper articles--finally--I'm enterting the blogosphere, inspired by my new Internet mentor. This will be a great chance for me to share the upcoming events in my life, which include getting a brand-new puppy in May (a cocker spaniel), and launching a new book, KATIE UP AND DOWN THE HALL, which is being published in fall.

It's a subject close to my heart, about how my dog helped me form a brand-new family in my Battery Park City apartment building.

As each day passes, I look forward to sharing with you all of this and more!

2 comments:

  1. Happy springtime Glen,
    I am delighted you are getting a new puppy!
    What about calling her Pearly May!
    Have a wondeful day,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your reflections and can't wait to lay my hands on your new book. And Mazal Tov on getting a new puppy - it's just like having a new baby! What about naming her Leyla? Or Chloe? Perhaps Bella? Or may be even Karina (ONLY if she's totally gorgeous!!!lol!!)

    ReplyDelete